TERIYAKI CHICKEN SALAD
1 6-8oz. Package Teriyaki seasoned chicken strips (available
Pre-cooked in the deli section of grocer.)
½ red onion, sliced ¼” thick, separated into rings
½ red or yellow sweet bell pepper, cut into ¼” strips
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted (see note below)
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (see note below)
Sweet-Sour dressing (Recipe Follows)
2 cups red leaf lettuce, torn in bite size pieces
1 medium Brandywine tomato, coarsely chopped
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes until
Lightly toasted, stir once during baking. Set aside to cool.
2) Prepare Sweet & Sour Dressing. Whisk together the following
In a small bowl:
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon celery seed
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated red onion or shallots
¼ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup white wine vinegar
After whisking together, place in small serving bowl to serve .
Refrigerate until ready to use.
3) Arrange torn lettuce on 2 serving plates.
4) Divide onion rings over lettuce.
5) Sprinkle with red/yellow pepper strips and chopped tomatoes.
6) Arrange ½ of the chicken strips on each salad.
7) Garnish with toasted almond/sesame seed mixture.
8) Place croissant on each serving plate, serve
Sweet-Sour dressing on the side.
Optional: add fresh pineapple chunks to salad