Lasagna Soup Insalata
1/2 cup baby-cut carrots, coarsely chopped
8 oz trinity mix (fresh diced onions, bell peppers, celery)
1 (24-oz) jar pasta sauce
1 (32-oz) carton unsalted chicken broth
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
1 (9-oz) package mini cheese ravioli
1 (8-oz) baby kale salad kit (baby greens, cheese, toppings, dressing)
6 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- Preheat large stockpot 2–3 minutes on medium-high. Brown sausage 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. Chop carrots. Stir carrots and trinity mix into sausage; cook and stir 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat on pan to medium-low. Stir in pasta sauce, broth, peppers and pesto; simmer 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until hot.
- Stir pasta into soup; cook 4–5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Meanwhile, chop salad greens.
- Divide soup into serving bowls. Top each bowl with 1/3 cup salad greens, then sprinkle with salad toppings, and drizzle with dressing. Finish with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese and serve.
Cinnamon Peach Crescents
1 (8-ct) can honey butter crescent rolls
6 tablespoons cinnamon sugar butter, divided
1 tablespoon pine nuts, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel peach and cut into 8 wedges. Separate crescents into triangles and place on work surface; spread 2 teaspoons cinnamon butter on each triangle; place peach wedge on wide part of dough and roll up.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet. Bake 15–17 minutes or until golden and peaches have softened. Carefully remove crescents from pan.
- Crush pine nuts. Spread remaining 2 teaspoons butter over rolls and sprinkle with pine nuts. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
- Complete your meal with garlic bread and ice cream to serve with the peach crescents.
- Use a firm, ripe peach for the crescents. This will help ensure it doesn’t fall apart during baking.