2 Brandywine Tomatoes, seeded and quartered
1 small Wethersfield onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 yellow or orange pepper, sliced thin
1 stalk celery, sliced thinly diagonally
1 pkg. foil-pack tuna (purchased) broken-up
4 leaves of Bibb lettuce
4 anchovies (for garnish)
2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered (for garnish)
½ cup ripe pitted olives, drained (for garnish)
Basil Honey Dressing (recipe follows)
1. Boil eggs to hard boil stage. Peel & Quarter. Set aside.
2. Prepare dressing. Set aside.
3. Place lettuce on 2 dinner plates.
4. Arrange tomatoes, onions, peppers, celery on lettuce bed.
5. Divide tuna on 2 dinner plates. Serve with a side of the dressing.
6. Garnish with anchovies, eggs and ripe olives. Serve with slice of crusty baguette.
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
¼ cup honey
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
¼ tsp. kosher or sea salt
¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously. Set aside.
Beverage suggestion: Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio