Edited to add: This is all-purpose flour in the recipe.
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- 3Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- 4Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- 5Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- 6Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 7Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
- 8Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- 9Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan immediately.