Asiago Chicken Pasta
2 oz Asiago cheese, shredded
1 lb boneless chicken cutlets
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 oz presliced baby portabellas
1 teaspoon minced garlic
9 oz fresh linguine pasta
1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock (or broth)
1/2 cup half-and-half
2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Remove thyme leaves from stem. Grate cheese (1/3 cup).
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; coat chicken with flour on both sides, shaking off any excess (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil and butter in pan, cook chicken 2–3 minutes on each side or until browned and 165°F. Remove chicken from pan.
- Place mushrooms, garlic, thyme, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in pan; cook and stir 2 minutes. Cut pasta in half.
- Stir in stock, half-and-half, and pasta; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cheese and spinach; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Serve chicken over pasta.